57 posts on the trot have begun with ‘Greetings! :)‘, Change is good, no? :P Starting this post, I’ll be beginning my posts with greetings in different languages, kinda like how our Gravatar profiles greet us :) Namaskaram is the Malayalam (my first language) equivalent (a more respectful one) of Hello. There are similar variants in other Indian languages, like Namaskara (Kannada, one of my second languages) and Namaskar (Hindi, another of my SLs). How do you say Hello in your language? :)
Earlier this morning, a couple of my undergrad classmates and I met after a long time. We watched the movie Kahaani. I liked it a lot. It’s nice to see Bollywood beginning to take more risks (No Star Power, Female Protagonist, No Dance) and bringing out movies that rely solely on a good storyline and some excellent acting to succeed. The story is worth a larger audience, I wish it makes the Oscars shortlist. If I were to define the movie without giving away the plot, I’d say it’s like a Finding Nemo – No Country For Old Men – Burn After Reading mash-up! :P :)
After the movie, we relived old college stories and new future plans over lunch at Elements.Then we went home :P My ratings for the day –
Kahaani – 5/5
Auto-Guy – 5/5 (For not saying no! xD I was actually surprised when the *first* Auto Guy I asked said yes. I almost asked “You will?!” :P )
Elements – 5/5
Day – 5/5
Very generous, today! :P Okay, now on to the actual post (yes! :P).
On Saturday, I was tagged on a Questionnaire post by Sapna. (Yay! I feel mildly famous! :P) The R&Rs –
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Okay, I’m going to pretend I’m being interviewed by the gorgeous Sapna with a few cameras all around me and that I’m on the sets of a national television celebrity program. *Puts on stylish sunglasses* =P Haha, may be not. I’ll be poor Felix only :D *removes stylish sunglasses and puts back the geeky spectacles*
1. Given a chance, which is the one movie character you would like to play?
I’d love to play the role of Alex Fletcher in Music and Lyrics :) There are so many reasons. Alex Fletcher is most of the things I like personified – Music and Dance from the 80s/90s, charm and a British accent :P Sadly, I can only do one of singing/dancing and not losing my dignity at one time :P I’m a terrible singer and an even worse dancer! Opposites attract. Perhaps that’s why I like Alex Fletcher so much. Also, I love Hugh Grant AND Drew Barrymore. I think they’re amongst the most beautiful people in the world, along with Audrey Tautou and my recent celeb crush Sarah Alexander ! :)
Also, I love the name Alex/Alexander/Alexandria. So nice! :)
Felix and Drew Barrymore! Tehehe! :P
For these reasons and more, I’d love to play Alex Fletcher, opposite Drew Barrymore! :)
Music and Lyrics is one of my favourite movies (The list in the link hasn’t been updated since late 2010, I think)
(I was humming the All I wanna do is find a way back into love song from this movie while writing the rest of this post, and it will probably be stuck in my head until I sleep :P)
2. If you were an animal who do you think you’d be and why? (Humans are animals too but you can’t use that as an answer)
Given my name is Felix, it wasn’t long before Felix the Cat became my nickname in most of my schools. But I think I’d make an excellent dog. Loyalty is something I value and look for in others. It is a wonderful virtue to possess :)
3. A genie appears in front of you and grants you three wishes what would you ask for? (You can’t ask for more wishes for a wish)
To be a son my parents can be proud of,
To be the best spouse in the world,
That my kids have confidence in me to talk about anything, anytime (to me :P)
4. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
You questions are difficult Sapna! :P But they’re fun! :)
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :P :)
Kuch ya Kuch gadbad hamesha.. xD
5. Which one would you rather have beauty, brains or strength?
The running joke in College used to be Brains x Beauty x Availability = 0 :P
Of the three, right now, I have the first the least, some of the second, and some of the third.
I’d love to be handsome, for one day, at least! :D ;)
6. Do you think it is the man who should be paying on a date?
7. Do you believe in ‘Love at first sight’?
For Actual-Crushes, No. I’ve grown to realise all my Love at first sights have actually been Infatuations at first sight.
8. Name one movie you really hated.
I’m being honest when I say this – I’ve never watched a movie and hated it. A movie is a work of art; I just cannot bring myself to hate art in any form. I am the kind of person who sits through the entire credits roll after the movie at home :P :) I can say that the least ranked movies on my flixster list are Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans
9. Name one house-hold chore you really hate
Pressing T-shirts. I actually enjoy pressing shirts and trousers. It’s just t-shirts I have issues with! :P
10. What is your most treasured possession?
Materialistically, My Laptop
Otherwise, My Friends :) (Yes, possessions. Sadly, I tend to be a tad possessive)
11. One thing about yourself that many people don’t know
In 2005, I almost drowned while on a trip. One of the others in the group noticed me just in time.
My eleven questions
1. What is your earliest memory of yourself?
2. Who was your first “internet friend”? :)
3. Answer one of the following:
Which Fictional Character is closest to your idea of an ideal partner/spouse?
Which Fictional Character does your partner/spouse remind you of?
4. Have you gotten into a physical fight (as a grown-up, not as a child! :) ) with anyone?
5. What is the most unusual food/meal you’ve eaten?
6. Has a book or movie made you cry? If yes, which one?
7. This is cliched, yet.. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
8. In ‘Deal or No Deal’, if there are only two briefcases remaining, (one is yours), and the remaining amounts are $1 and $1,000,000; Would you strike a deal or take the risk? xD
9. If you won the $1,000,000 in the previous question, who would be the first person you’d call and tell? :D
10. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?” This is a quote, a wonderful quote, by Satchel Paige. So, if you had no clue about your year of birth, how old would you think you are? Or quite simply, how old do you feel?
11. From the eleven questions you ask, pick one and answer! :)
My eleven people
It’s past midnight here, now. Also, I’ve only recently begun to use the social networking aspect of blogging. I know only a handful of people close enough to tag. Plus, I have to make sure they aren’t already tagged and if they’d be happy to do this. No point in tagging someone who’s entire blog is dedicated to photography or travel, right?! :) I’ll tag tomorrow morning.
Edit: 20 March 2012
I’m tagging three bloggers now. I will tag the other seven as I come across more bloggers :)
You can pick it up if you’ve come across this post and like the idea :)
Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers ~ Voltaire